Apart from working with Accountants in Tanzania, we link them with business and connect them with employment opportunities.
We link the society with professionals, i.e Linking Business Owners of all levels with a nearby Financial expert for assistance.
The membership benefits include:
i) A career in accounting profession can be enhanced by joining a professional accounting association like TAA;
ii) Individual professional growth and accreditation depend on Continued Professional Education (CPE) hour’s classes, TAA organized training sessions offers CPE hours recognized by National Board of Accountants & Auditors (NBAA);
TAA differs with NBAA as follows:
- TAA is a voluntary professional association registered under Societies Ordinance in 1983 started its operations from 02nd January, 1983; whereas NBAA is a regulatory body established by Act No. 33 of Parliament in 1973 commenced its operations from 15th January, 1972;
- NBAA is a Government institution under the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning hence its serves the interests of the Government while TAA is owned by Members and taking care interests of Members;
- NBAA is headed by Executive Director implementing Governing Board directives while TAA Governing Council directives are managed by Executive committee through permanent secretariat;
- NBAA is an examination body for the accountancy profession qualifications while TAA is not examining institution;
- TAA is represented by 5 Members in NBAA Governing Board while NBAA has no representatives in TAA Governing Council;
- TAA allows membership from foreign employees working in the country permanently while NBAA while NBAA enroll them on temporary basis; and
- Fees charged by NBAA are mandatory while TAA fees are not mandatory rather than token to facilitate running of day to day activities of the association in achieving the overall objectives of the association.